Importance of a mother is depicted in all the scriptures unanimously. Scriptures show that a son could be bad and ungrateful but a mother is always generous and caring towards her child, regardless of his age.
Sacrifices she makes for her child are beyond words. She pampers her child with scrumptious food-varieties, beautiful clothes and most entertaining toys and so on. Yet, she is very strict at the time of teaching something good. She is stern when she need to teach something important. And when she sees the need to rectify some gradually growing unethical habits in the child, she hides her affection and tender feelings, and even punishes her own child. That’s why a mother is called to be the first ‘Guru’ of a child. There are many basic life skills that a mother teaches viz. talking, drinking, eating, sitting, walking, bathing, dressing up etc.
Hence, a sincere child must be obliged to her throughout the life. Many ungrateful children disrespect her contribution and even rudely say words like, “It was your duty”. Of course, she did her duty too, but her love behind those duties has always been unfathomable. A nurse and a baby sitter also perform their respective duties, but when they are given a paid day off, they are joyous and wish to get more days off. But a mother can not live even a day without seeing her child. She is happy to do everything herself for her child. A good mother is a best nurse, best teacher and a real well-wisher, who teaches her child to follow the path, which can lead you towards attainment of eternal happiness. So, she tries her best to develop the virtues accordingly.
My real mother
My real mother is my revered master Shri Maharaj Ji (Shri Kripalu Ji Maharaj). Because, I find all the qualities of a best mother inherent in Him.
1. He gave new birth to us by opening our eyes and turning us towards God only.
2. He nourishes us with the spiritual food of inspiring discourses and drowning us with breath-taking chanting.
3. He loves His devotees so much that many old-age-devotees start talking to Him in lisping tone like a child. He never shows His prowess as a Jagadguru or Guru. He lives with us like a family. He is accessible to His devotees all the time.
4. But, when we become careless in our Sadhana or whenever we cross the limit of modesty or commit any other mistake, which hampers our spiritual progress, His attitude becomes scary. Nobody dares open his mouth in front of Him at that time.
5. He is extremely punctual, which forces us to be punctual in life. He says without binding yourself in some rules and punctuality, you can never be successful in any sphere of life.
6. His food is simple and nutritious. That also inspires us to eat the same kind of food. It is healthy and less time consuming. He never allows chili to be used in Ashram food.
7. He is so much concerned to deliver us that He gets up at 2.00a.m. to finish His morning routine and be with the devotees by 4.00 a.m. Since the life is so transient, He always reminds us, we must utilize each and every moment to enhance spiritual love for Radha Krishna. And, He practically does the same to make us follow this teaching.
8. He is so generous and sympathetic like a real mother, that he can not bear even physical suffering of anyone. Sometimes He would punish a devotee for some wrong doing by ordering him to stand for couple of hours or to skip a meal. But after 15-20 minutes, after going inside His room, sends message, “tell him to go or to eat”. So much mercy!!
9. He keeps delivering discourses for our benefit even in His sickness. All because He so deeply wants to infuse the philosophy in our mind so that we can realize God soon in this life itself.
Thus, all the attributes of a real mother are naturally found in Him. On behalf of all His loving devotees, I bow down to His lotus feet again and again for His motherly affection.